- [GSoC 2014 : ARM Port] Week #12
- Libusb Port : Post Mid Term
- [GSoC 2014 : ARM Port] Week #11
- WebKit weekly report #37
- [GSoc 2014] Port of the Golang programming language: midterm report
- [GSoC 2014 : ARM Port] Week #10 (mid term update)
- WebKit weekly report #36
- WebKit weekly report #35
- [GSoC 2014 : ARM Port] Week #8
- Haiku receives donation from Mozilla Foundation
How to Help with the OpenJDK Port
I've gotten several (at least five or six) emails from people contacting me through this website. It seems to be a common question.
I'd like to publicly apologize to any that I have not responded to personally. To those of you, I'm sorry.
So here, publicly posted, is how to get started in helping out with the OpenJDK port.
- Read http://openjdk.java.net/contribute/
You'll need to sign an SCA and do what it says regarding the licensing.
- Subscribe to the mailing list for the Haiku Port project at OpenJDK.
- Once you've subscribed, send an email to the list.
Include your name, interests, skills, and ask what you could do to start right now.
There's been quite a bit of progress from Andrew this last week. He's updated MakeDeps, and he's fiddled with some code from the old beunited.org 1.4.2 port and has it running on Haiku. Great work, Andrew!
The march to bootstrapping an OpenJDK build is underway.